racecartuning.forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New President of the JRDC 2016

Go down

New President of the JRDC 2016 Empty New President of the JRDC 2016

Post by BigJuice Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Congratulations ...
First lady of Circuit Racing
Friday, January 22, 2016 | Jamaica Observer

New President of the JRDC 2016 181354_

MONIQUE Gibbs was selected first female president of the Jamaica Race Drivers Club (JRDC)
at the club’s annual general meeting held at the Spanish Court Hotel in New Kingston, on December 6.

“I’m humbled and honoured that they saw within me the ability to take the club to the next level,” Gibbs told Auto.

A member of the JRDC for over a decade, Gibbs has served in several critical posts including vice-president, secretary and director.

“I have a very good team behind me. They all have experience in motorsports,” she said.

Gibbs’s team comprises Heath Causwell, vice-president; Patrick Patterson, treasurer; Rosemarie Jadusingh, secretary; and directors Charles Chen, Chressmore White, Dean Corrodus and Donovan Montague.

The president confirmed the club is ready for the 2016 season with a big Easter meet in March. The agenda also included getting the current rules and regulations updated for competitors. Her long-term aims are to deal with the financial issues that continue to hamper the club and bring spectators back to circuit racing.

Gibbs hopes to leverage her links with the Jamaica Karting Association as she sees the marriage between the two genres as important.

“Circuit racing at Dover provides a channel for the talent that comes out of karting,” she explained.

From this ‘merger’, she hopes to push local driver development as far as possible.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BigJuice
BigJuice
Admin

https://racecartuning.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down